2 months of marriage

our two-month mark landed on cinco de mayo, we celebrated by spending our allotted monies from our tax return on new clothes, making homemade salsa, getting a new drink at swig and enjoying the sunshine.

while shopping at hope ave. aaron noticed the employees struggling to get their lights out, he offered to help them, climbed up the ladder and directed them what new bulbs they needed. this is just one example of how he is constantly serving, even in the simplest ways. 

this past month we spent most weekends apart, i went to have a girls weekend in seattle, and went on a work cruise both without my partner in crime. i have been dreaming of a pallet headboard, when i returned home from the cruise i turned on the hall light to creep my way into the room quietly. i tried to sneak in as stealthy as i could when i noticed my headboard and couldn't contain my excitement of my perfectly made headboard by husband made while i was partying without him.
i was supposed to get back from seattle on a sunday, after many failed flights home I got stuck in the pasco airport. while i was waiting for my dad to pick me up so i didn't have to spend the night in the airport i found wi-fi and facetime aaron, he cleaned the apartment and made me a crockpot dinner that i got to enjoy when i got home monday morning. 

not only has he served me, he has been increasingly patient with me as i fall asleep most nights at 9-10 pm, waking me up on the couch so i can move to our bed. due to health implications lately, he has managed to clean our apartment & cook meals. 

i received a church calling, friendship committee (holla), still waiting for aaron to get a calling. i've managed to get my new SS card, and DL with my newly updated last name. we still haven't finished our thank-you cards... still working on that one.

we finally flew together for the first time, it was just a short overnight trip to salt lake for our nephew's baby blessing. that's when i found out that aaron's body doesn't do too well flying, and i ended up listening to my mission iPod, lip syncing every song that was in my playlist titled 'after mission music'. 

1 comment